Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Wayne Thiebaud Cakes




Here is a quick, one day project that the kids just loved. We have just finished our pinterest-inspired tints and shades ice cream cones and we have been talking all about artist Wayne Thiebaud. Today we showed the children how to draw cylinders, stack them, and decorate them to make fanciful cakes. We provided some pictures of beautifully decorated cakes from a local bakery. The kids LOVED this project! This would be an excellent project to leave for a substitute.




2 comments:

  1. I did this lesson with my second graders and they loved it! It is great because it directly relates to their curriculum- 3D shapes. Thanks for the idea and showing your how to steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't mind. I posted a link to this blog post on my own blog for Art Sub Lessons. https://artsublessons.blogspot.com/2016/12/wayne-thiebaud-sub-plan.html Jan

    ReplyDelete